Tag Archives: products
Hello everyone, I have, like all of you, been busy with work and life. Thought I would give a quick update on one of my recent purchases. I found these boots at a little store near my house called United. I got them on sale and saved almost $100 bucks. Here is the boot brand’s website: J SHOES. So far they boots have been absolutely vital to my winter survival. They are super tough looking boots but the delicate laces adds a touch of femininity. I can’t wait to find all the ways I can wear them this winter!
I’ve been searching for the perfect everyday cross body bag and I’m willing to spend a pretty penny on it too, but nothing has been absolutely perfect. I’ve looked at Foley + Corinna, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and even Asos. I’ve still managed to have a few prosepcts.I think this Chloe bag is great. I love the look but it might be a tad too casual since it’s over $600. I would spend maybe half that if I loved it, which I do… but it’s not getting any less pricey just because I want it. Le sigh.
Everything about the large Coach Brook bag is beautiful. It’s size, it’s gorgeous shade of eggplant.. But why, oh why won’t Coach sell me a strap that will make it into a cross body bag?!?!? I almost want it to the point of not caring. Brook, I love you.
This could be it, Sabina Convertable Leather Tote, I just might have to have you. I really like the color, it might be a little brighter than what I was looking for, but it’s got everything I need and it’s stylish to boot. And ya know what else? It’s only $219. Normally I’d say that’s a lot (perpetual bargain hunter here) but for a completely functional, stylish everyday bag, that’s a steal! I might have to sleep on it. Or visit the DSW a mile away (which is probably what I’ll do). What do you guys think of the bag in taupe?
This past Saturday I had a fantastic afternoon at the Renegade Craft Fair in Wicker Park, Chicago. I enjoyed perusing all the interesting screen prints and original art, but there was really only one booth that captivated my attention. Katie Johanssan is the artist behind Dollybird Design. She creates beautiful, artful, one of a kind pieces for your neck, fingers and ears!
I am absolutely entranced by the unique Rainbow Drusy (at top). It’s an unset stone that I personally would die to have as a ring, but maybe you’d prefer to have Katie make it into a necklace for you. The Rarity Shop is filled with a beautiful selection of stones ready to be fabricated in a custom setting.
Unfortunately for you (my wonderful readers), you are missing out on many of my favorites because they were at her booth! Perhaps they are recently made pieces, thus not available on her site yet. I’ll be eagerly awaiting their addition.
The Renegade Craft Fair was an inspirational visit for me. For a long time I’ve wanted to take metal working classes, but in the last year I’ve known that I needed to take metal working classes. Art is good for the soul; so whether you make it or appreciate it, get out there and indulge yourself in the wonders of human creativity.
Many starlets like Ashley Olsen, Rihanna, and Natalie Portman have fantastic brows. Their beauty is undeniable but any misstep with their eyebrows could seriously affect their allure. Despite many years of thoughtful plucking, I’ve still managed to develop some unevenness, which will drive a perfectionist like me absolutely batty! Here is how I solved my problem and achieved the look of perfection!
You’ll need great tweezers (Japonesque), natural shaded powder (Benefit), and a slanted brush (The Body Shop). You can go with a less expensive product for any of these items if necessary. My tweezers, brow shadow and slanted brush are all from Target and work great.
Let’s get started…
Step One: If you’ve already butchered your brows, try growing them out a bit. It will be a big help in finding out your natural shape again. From there you can adjust and perfect.
Step Two: Pick out a brow powder that is one or two shades lighter than your brow’s color. You have to use powder that is lighter than your brow to keep them looking natural. If you go too dark you’ll look like you have caterpillar eyebrows!
Step Three: With your slanted brush, fill in your brows to your desired shape. Don’t include areas that aren’t part of the shape you want, and fill in areas even if they’ve been dramatically over plucked. Over time you can let them fill back in, but not if you keep plucking them! So just grin and bare it for a few weeks
Step Four: AFTER you have filled in your brows and the shape you’ve been feigning for is starting to materialize, pluck away! Get rid of all those stray hairs that have been keeping you from your amazing eyebrows!
This backwards approach to using an eyebrow powder is a fool-proof method to symmetrical, full and perfect eyebrows. Hope you’ve enjoyed the tips and let me know they work for you too!
I’m a terrible person and have been completely MIA for the past 2 months. Well, I’m back and I’m sorry. Forgive me?
- Colored mascara – I would really like some plum colored mascara to compliment my brown eyes. Almay has a line of mascara for just that! If you don’t feel like investing in this trend but would like to try it out, take a sample mascara wand and apply eyeshadow to it. Then brush it onto your still wet lashes after you’ve applied your regular mascara.
- Sexy summery bras – Duh, summer is hot and no one wants to be stuck in some horribly uncomfortable, sweaty, push up bra. Trade in the under wire for a sweet, simple and adorable bra that you can pair with some saucy tank tops. P.s. how cute is that little orange bow?
- Sequins, sequins, sequins! – They may have been an ugly trend from the 80’s on par with the wave BUT they are making a comeback! I love this white vest with silver sequins. It can be worn very casually with a t-shirt and skinny blue jeans.
- Oxford love – For some time I have had a deep adoration for oxford heels. I am very happy that there is a way to wear them during summer too! These neutral cutout oxfords are a perfect compliment to a vintage summer dress.
- Loose fitting dress – I just love to be comfortable and I think that’s why I own a ridiculous amount of dresses. Try out a shirt dress this summer and pair it with some gladiator sandals.
- Charm me – Necklaces are really easy to make. Grab some neat trinkets and charms from your local bead store or even garage sale and string em up on some chain! When hitting the beach, wear it with just your swim suit. You’d be surprised how much style this adds to your look.
- Suit: Nothing cleans up a man like a crisp black suit. A well fitted jacket and pants is always fashion forward.
- Tie: This charming 100% silk paisley tie was chosen for all the groomsmen. It can be found at Amazon.com for $15.99.
- Dress: This strapless dress looks classy and tropical. The detailed hem is so whimsical overlapping itself and the seafoam green fabric perfectly complements my date’s tie! Fuchsiaonline.com for $1,210
- Earrings: These have just the right amount of detail. Any more and it would have been too much for this simple dress. Any less and the look would become too plain Jane. Barneys.com for $1,950
- Eyes: Silvery white eyeshadow will really make your eyes light up. Black gel eyeliner for just a little extra definition.
- Cheeks: Blush & bronzer on the cheeks to add some color.
- Lips: Keep the lips neutral.